Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Depot Problems  (Read 755 times)

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Depot Problems
« on: July 09, 2010, 06:12:26 am »

Whilst upgrading a save from 31.03 to 31.08 (I know, I'm a bit behind and all...), I seem to have run into a problem; namely that I can't trade anything!  :-\

Every time I go to the depot and try to mark some items for trading, DF just crashes. And to be honest, it's getting a little annoying now, especially since it was working fine before I moved the save to the new version.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if they did, how they fixed it?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Depot Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:18:08 am »

Considering how much has changed between .03 and .08, I wouldn't be surprised if the saves weren't compatable with the new version in some ways. Might just have to make a new fort I'm afraid.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:25:01 am »

Alot is being changed right now and the -new- version is like, right around the corner .. and your fort probably won't work in this version either.

Sucks.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Nintenlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Adamantine fever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:26:53 am »

Did you try making and using another depot? Maybe only depots made in old version have this problem.
The only dragon I've seen in game walked into my rats nest of a fortress and died in the flames of the conflagration he started in the dining hall.  Of course, nearly every dwarf was dead by then, but we consider it a tactical victory.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 11:43:47 am »

ive moved from 31.03 to 31.06 to 31.08 and my depot works fine, try using a different version first
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 12:56:56 pm »

upgrading one version to the next in a way of 0.3 0.4 0.5 and everytime saving again might smooth a little try it (backup save first as this also allows for corrupting)
Another way might indeed be to try and rebuild trade depot or stop trading in this fort altogether.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.