Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inventory Management  (Read 1728 times)

plastictreeofdoom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Inventory Management
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:39:12 pm »

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a tool, along the lines of Dwarf Therapist, but for inventory management?

Ideally I would like something which listed all equipable items filterable by type, material, whether it is equipped, pending or unequipped, as well as a seperate listing showing each of your dwarfs and their current and pending equipment, with the dwarfs filterable by squad, sex, profession, etc. so that you can tell a dwarf to pick up or drop a particular item or type of item (I've had no end of trouble with dwarfs either not picking things up or not dropping things).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:40:48 pm by plastictreeofdoom »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory Management
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:59:25 pm »

This is pretty much due to bugs in the current equipement system, they are to solves soon. In fact, a lot of them will be in the soon-to-be-realised 38.09.

Eventualy the military screen will do pretty much everything your asking here.

Of course a cheating utlilty to force your dwarves to wield floodgates and cat spleens could be hilarious.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

plastictreeofdoom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory Management
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 10:19:04 pm »

Being able to determine the inventories of non-military/non-active dwarfs would be handy too. It is always a pain in the arse when I go to equip a highly trained axe dwarf and find out that an ex-woodcutter won't give up the axe.

I think though that even if once the bugs are fixed it can be done through the military screen, a third party utility or plugin for an existing labour preference manager would still come in very handy.