Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Loading games  (Read 402 times)

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Loading games
« on: July 06, 2010, 09:11:11 am »

I' playing a succession game with my friends and it's my year. However I can't load the game file. It is not recognized. It recognizes other saves in the same folder but not the one my friend sent me. If it matters I'm running a mac and him windows.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Loading games
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:41:38 am »

Sorry but I'm bumping my own topic. I'm desperate! We used to play succession games  all the time in 40d but it's just not loading in this new version.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:35:01 pm »

Just to make sure, he's not still using 40d is he?  I'm sure you already know this was 40d saves are not compatible with DF2010.

Otherwise, are you copying the entire save *folder* from his machine, not just the world.sav?  There's a whole bunch of files in each folder that comprise a save game.

Normally I would suggest having him copy his *entire* DF folder, program files and everything including the saves to your machine to see if that works, but that's not an option since you're on different platforms (Windows/Mac)...

good luck!

--nomad_delta

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

Check to make sure the folder in the /data/save folder contains the .dat files and isn't just a folder containing the actual save.

I.e.

DF/data/save/RegionX/regionX/stuff

when it should be

DF/data/save/regionX/stuff
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 01:19:21 pm »

Okay. I'll try that when my computer's fixed. The one I'm using now can't handle the shear awesomeness of dwarf fortress.