Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Twenty years later and still no baron  (Read 1580 times)

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
Twenty years later and still no baron
« on: July 06, 2010, 03:17:00 am »

I've got 110 dwarfs and something like 10 million total fortress worth, gold-paved roads, a nice steel trade depot, I export ~200k worth of food per year, and no baron. I tried to find some adamantite to lure the king but there is none at all on my map.  Am I doing it wrong?

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twenty years later and still no baron
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 03:28:58 am »

Have you got any other migrant nobles before?
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 04:27:44 am »

No, but the baron doesn't migrate anymore. You just pick him when the liaison asks you about it.   For some reason though this fort has never been asked.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 05:49:28 am »

I've got the same problem, though not so far along as yours.  But scratching 10mil created wealth, been playing with adamantine for a while, no baron.

Just out of curiosity, did you get an early goblin siege, too?  (I got one at, like, the beginning or middle of year 2.)
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

rodya_mirov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:39:18 am »

Your liaison may be dead.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 01:54:50 pm »

Can't be that -- been getting the liaison and completing trade agreements every year.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

ashta_ku

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 03:32:49 pm »

build a road.

srsly, I had a fort that went for years and years with no barony, until I noticed the "becoming the capital" requirements in the nobles screen. The only part I was failing on was road value... so I built a road and next thing I know the liason was offering to upgrade me to a barony.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 03:33:51 am »

Huh.  Well, I noticed the Becoming the Capital thing going on and that's what I've been working toward, so hopefully that'll kick it in.  Good to know someone else has had luck on that issue.

I think I'll cheat and build a few platinum roads really quickly to skyrocket it up past 5k quickly.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 03:51:25 am »

I like rose gold or black bronze roads myself :)