Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Relationships  (Read 428 times)

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Relationships
« on: July 06, 2010, 04:26:13 pm »

How exactly they work? Cause i suspect it is a little bugged. Or it is a bit too tight. I mean, that my 6 military dwarves, that have been fighting shoulder to shoudler for more than 12 years, repelling dozens goblin's ambushes and slaughtering together hundreds of them NOT even have "passing aquaintance" relationship. Or there are some dwarves who have friend McUrist, but mister McUrist doesn't even have name of these dwarves in their relationship window!
Do they develop ONLY while visiting party?  :-\

Wistil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Relationships
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:02:10 pm »

Dwarves only make new friends when not on a job and being assigned military tasks is being on the job.

Basically they have to be idle and in the same area doing nothing.  I don't know if dwarves actually improve their relationships while at parties or not.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:10:00 pm »

Actually if dwarves stop making friends once they're assigned to the military that would be helpful because the military dwarves are more likely to meet an unfortunate end... at least if they don't have any friends or lovers it'll be less likely that the whole fortress will tantrum spiral in despair at their loss.

--nomad_delta

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 05:45:28 am »

Actually if dwarves stop making friends once they're assigned to the military that would be helpful because the military dwarves are more likely to meet an unfortunate end... at least if they don't have any friends or lovers it'll be less likely that the whole fortress will tantrum spiral in despair at their loss.

--nomad_delta
Well, at least they should have friends among military. Or some kind of other relationships... like comrade in arms.