Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help purging the weak [40d]  (Read 336 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need help purging the weak [40d]
« on: July 05, 2010, 05:02:37 pm »

So I've decided to make a fortress on 40d because there's some projects I want to build without the military glitches and whatnot getting in the way. However, it's struck me, that without healthcare there are going to be considerably more injured dwarfs who will be bedridden for the rest of their lives. Now, these dwarfs would be forever in painful, alcohol-less misery and they're also taking up a valuable bed that a dwarf who can actually work could be sleeping in. So, my question to you, forum-goers, is how I would go about killing the bedridden dwarfs? Preferably I'd like to do it in a way that has no collateral damage, doesn't destroy furniture or other dwarfs, and doesn't create bad thoughts from the other dwarfs, though I realise that's probably impossible.

So, any ideas?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
Re: Need help purging the weak [40d]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:29:57 pm »

Wall the bed off.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help purging the weak [40d]
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:39:06 pm »

Keep them in a remote part of your fortress till their friends forget them, then kill them by drowning and let the water carry the body to a pit. Also, enable the food-bringing job on only one dwarf.
That way only that one dwarf will now that they died (or care). Use the bed for the next injured or recover it.