Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf won't train and flying building destroyers  (Read 353 times)

jborynec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf won't train and flying building destroyers
« on: July 05, 2010, 03:36:04 pm »

Are there some dwarfs who won't do individual training?
I have a squad of 8 dwarfs,  7 of whom do individual training.  The other one won't.
He picks up equipment and when I station the squad he changes to "recruit"
and ambles over to where he should be. 

However, when I de-activate, the rest of the squad goes back to individual training
and he goes back to hauling stuff.  (if I take away all his civilian jobs, he just sits around and does nothing).

Also, how do you enclose towers against flying building destroyers? 
I clearly need a roof, but if I build a stairway to the roof so I can floor over the roof, then I have a stairway up.  If I un-build the stairway, then I have a hole in the roof.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't train and flying building destroyers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 04:29:57 pm »

Are there some dwarfs who won't do individual training?
I have a squad of 8 dwarfs,  7 of whom do individual training.  The other one won't.
He picks up equipment and when I station the squad he changes to "recruit"
and ambles over to where he should be. 

However, when I de-activate, the rest of the squad goes back to individual training
and he goes back to hauling stuff.  (if I take away all his civilian jobs, he just sits around and does nothing).

Yes there are some dwarves like that.  Swap him out of your military.

Also, how do you enclose towers against flying building destroyers? 
I clearly need a roof, but if I build a stairway to the roof so I can floor over the roof, then I have a stairway up.  If I un-build the stairway, then I have a hole in the roof.
Build it from the outside!
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Rallion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't train and flying building destroyers
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:00:49 pm »

If the tower is very tall, you can actually remove a wall from the top inside level, build a stairway out there to let you access the roof, and floor it off that way. Then you can remove the few pieces of scaffolding and rebuild the wall tile from the inside. Much easier than building/deconstructing scaffolding all the way from the ground.