Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Training just stopped.  (Read 314 times)

eraiders

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal Training just stopped.
« on: July 05, 2010, 05:41:42 pm »

So I have a little rich microfort set up aptly named Mansionbasement. I have the cap set at 25 and am depending on war dogs and traps to keep my riches in the basement where it belongs. I've been breeding dogs since the start, am 5 years in and have about 21 war dogs, 29 dogs, and like 10 puppies with a couple tamed black bears that I'm trying to breed. I haven't set any dogs up on ropes yet though so I just keep them all in 2 cages, one for trained war dogs and one for normal and puppies. All my animal training just suddenly stopped for some reason, I will let a few dogs out to be converted to war dogs and nothing happens. My animal trainer has no job set and is just dicking around in the sculpture garden and refuses to train. The job is open but he just never starts it, I tried setting other dorfs to animal training to no avail, no one will train animals any more. What is going on here, is there a max wardog limit or something?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Animal Training just stopped.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »

His job is "No Job", not "On Break", correct?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

eraiders

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:50:29 pm »

Yea, no job, I doubled checked his duties and everything. It seems like it just stopped. There is a party going on but he isn't a part of it, and like I mentioned I tried setting others to animal trainer and it just never happens, the job stays open and no one will touch the kennels anymore. There is no pathfinding issue, the kennels are in a room with the animal cages and breeding area for other things like cows and horses so there are people in and out caging newborns. I'm pretty baffled.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 06:09:14 pm »

Were you forbidding anything recently?

Check with (t) to make sure the stuff the kennels are built out of isn't forbidden.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

eraiders

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 06:24:17 pm »

Were you forbidding anything recently?

Check with (t) to make sure the stuff the kennels are built out of isn't forbidden.

That was it, that never crossed my mind but the marble that it was made out of was forbidden, I supposed I must have been clearing space and that got accidentally forbidden somehow.

Either way thanks, I was very frustrated and now I learned something new! Surprising how long you can play this game and still see new ways to muck things up.