Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: modded in mithril replaces steel on embark  (Read 559 times)

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
modded in mithril replaces steel on embark
« on: July 05, 2010, 03:35:48 am »

So I modded in mithril, and now on embark, all the steel weaponry has been replaced with mithril.  I didn't touch steel in the raws, could this simply be because my starting civilizations have access to it?  as far as mining goes, it is similar to mining iron veins in sedimentary layers.  Anything that isn't a weapon but was still always steel is still steel.  Not that it's a problem or anything, just curious as to why this may be.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: modded in mithril replaces steel on embark
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 03:53:08 am »

Because your race realized that mithril is better than steel? I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with access, if you've seen npc dwarf fortresses.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 04:28:55 am »

try adding [DEEP_SPECIAL] to the mithril ore

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:37:55 am »

Not to the ore, to the mithril itself. Otherwise the mithril ore could displace the raw adamantine (of course, if you want that, you could add it there as well).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 11:57:46 am »

Unfortunately, your dwarves will still be able to bring mithril ore with them if you don't make the ore deep too.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 10:08:05 pm »

Yeah, but if you up the price enough then it should cancel that out because they are dwarves after all. They should be able to access the treasures of the deep. They should just be very expensive to buy.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.