Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What the Hell? [MAJOR SPOILERS!]  (Read 1872 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: What the Hell? [MAJOR SPOILERS!]
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 07:40:18 am »

Alternately, something wiped out all the demons.

This is interesting, though. Do they only show up if you get in the "proper" way? Hrm. Must investigate further.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 02:49:38 pm »

I did the same thing in a previous fort while attempting to find the magma sea (wouldn't you know it my ramp spiral not only missed the third cavern layer completely but didn't even hit warm stone until it struck semi molten rock above hell). However, in my case I did actually get a "screams" pop up and demons spawned to flitter about. However, piercing it also revealed a couple pillars itself, and the demons were mostly congregating under them. Maybe the difference is you haven't seen a demon yet, because you pierced hell in a place that is not close enough to reveal a pillar (in the same way that piercing a cavern only explores a couple dozen tiles from where you entered)?

To someone who suggested earlier to build a fort in hell, that's not going to work because even though the ramp designation pierced the semi molten rock, the level on which the ramp was started was never actually broke through: it's still blocked from being accessible. Even though you can designate ramps in undiscovered semi-molten rock, the ramps can't be descended because the upper level is still floored over. The only way in is still through the pillars.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:56:52 pm by Niveras »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »

When you reach hell UN-NORMALLY. You only get like four or five demons. I had 5 Bear Demons running around. Found some Adamantine. Mined it. BAM! a bazillion demons
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 [2]