Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How do I make them fall into water/magma less?  (Read 3002 times)

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make them fall into water/magma less?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 01:20:48 am »

If the terrain is dangerous then change the terrain.

Or maybe it's just a bug that should be fixed? Dwarves might be stupid but I cannot imagine Urist McSwordmaster to go "Hah! Just dodged your attack fiend! Say, why are me feet meltin'?" on every troglodyte he meets.

Besides: lava flows should be an integral part of any fortress ;)

It's not a bug.  Your dwarf is just leaping away from a sword, claw, ect.  You just happened to make them fight near Magma.

Which...would make you the bug. 

Happens to me all the time in Adventure Mode,  frustrating, yes.  Bug. No.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 01:58:34 am »

If the terrain is dangerous then change the terrain.

Or maybe it's just a bug that should be fixed? Dwarves might be stupid but I cannot imagine Urist McSwordmaster to go "Hah! Just dodged your attack fiend! Say, why are me feet meltin'?" on every troglodyte he meets.

Besides: lava flows should be an integral part of any fortress ;)

It's not a bug.  Your dwarf is just leaping away from a sword, claw, ect.

He could as well easily jump to some other tile. Lava next to you is not something you forget about and if you have owhere else to move, it makes more sense to take hit that might possibly kill you rather than doing something that is guarantted to kill you.

Are dwarves supposed to prefer burining to death to getting scratched? Ah, who am i kidding, of course they are.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 06:02:30 am »

Take consolation that it's not unique to dwarves. There was a story of a forgotten beast that slaughtered an entire fortress' military, only to be defeated by a kitten's paw swipe - because the fight was next to a cliff.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 2 [3]