Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting Wars  (Read 2648 times)

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Starting Wars
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:41:33 pm »

I'm wondering because I genned a world without gobbos, so, the humans must die.
I want to know if I can kill humans intill hostilities arise.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:46:49 pm »

Yes - The minute you start killing them, they will hate you. If that hate turns to them trying to go for your towns, it can become a war. I think.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 05:02:33 am »

You're considered a 'loose cannon' when you attack another civ. Wars can't be started by an adventurer because of this.

I haven't completely confirmed this, though, so you can try if you want.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:50 pm »

i think if ONE adventurer attacks, yes jack shit will happen, but if one comes dies, and more just keep coming, from the same civ, to the same civ, attacking, they SHOULD get pissed enough to war

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 05:35:42 pm »

• first join as civ by resting
  • join second civ
  • start killing any one who attcks you will become a civ enemy
  • a civil starts profit loot
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
  • Buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 06:29:46 pm »

i think if ONE adventurer attacks, yes jack shit will happen, but if one comes dies, and more just keep coming, from the same civ, to the same civ, attacking, they SHOULD get pissed enough to war

OR if you bring a party of members of your entity and with their help start killing people of the other entity.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 05:06:31 am »

If you kill people on your own, you aren't seen as a representative of your civ, I think. It's a different story when you get a mission to kill people by one of your entity leaders.
So this might work: Kill some people of the civ you want to make your enemy, then retire in some town of your own nation that is close to the village you did your killing spree in. Then start a adventurer of their site. You might get a quest to kill your old adventurer by that town's major. If you'd perform that task, you would do it in your entity's name and therefore start a war between those two nations.