Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding caravans to be bigger - trade capacity?  (Read 1348 times)

Konrad von Richtmark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding caravans to be bigger - trade capacity?
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:01:20 pm »

With no caravan wagons in the current version, caravans are not quite big enough to allow me to rely on imports to replace part of my economy, despite having ample exports to pay for them. Is there any way to mod caravans to be bigger?

Would it help to increase the [TRADE_CAPACITY:...] value of pack animals, or would it have other consequences? What if I increased them all by a factor of, say, 10 or even 100?

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
Re: Modding caravans to be bigger - trade capacity?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:59:54 pm »

doing that would allow traders to bring alot more stuff but also alot more junk you dont need like elf cloth

Konrad von Richtmark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:44:30 am »

I just tried multiplying all values by 100. Let's see what comes of it, I'll report back after a few caravans.

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 07:02:44 am »

Won't you have a very slow-moving caravan, with a risk of not getting to Depot in time to trade?

Nevertheless, I'm interested in the results!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:04:30 am by afoninv »
-
V.

Konrad von Richtmark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 07:42:51 am »

Frankly, I have no idea about how encumbrance is calculated for pack animals. If you know, tell me by all means. I don't find any "strength" or corresponding stat in the data files, so I'd guess encumbrance (and thus speed), if affected at all, would be determined by how big a proportion of its total trade capacity is filled?

Irrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 12:49:38 pm »

In the last version, there was a tag that made a creature able to be used for the caravan's transportation. You can make giant, tame creatures that can let caravans carry vast quantities of goods. I think this tag still works in the new version.
A dwarven Architect can and will build an unbalanced skyscraper from lead with only a single supporting column at ground level on top of sand.

Truly the greatest minds of this world.