Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Statue Themes?  (Read 797 times)

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Statue Themes?
« on: July 01, 2010, 02:58:32 pm »

Has anyone seen statues of the gods?  All I have gotten are statues of past heroes, past enemies, people in the fortress, and the occasional animal.  These are all cool, but I am wanting some statues of the gods for deity-specific gathering places.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Statue Themes?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:19:41 pm »

I'm fairly sure those aren't in yet.

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:12:54 am »

My manager and my mason are Friends. The manager DETESTS rats. The mason keeps making statues of the manager surrounded by rats. I'm wondering how long this 'friendship' will last.

Oh, and also finally got a statue of my novice sworddwarf one-shotting a forgotten beast by herself. :D

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:50:40 am »

My manager and my mason are Friends. The manager DETESTS rats. The mason keeps making statues of the manager surrounded by rats. I'm wondering how long this 'friendship' will last.

That's sorta like my Engravers making engravings of the humans on the site being killed by Hobgoblins. It's absolutely hilarious when the dwarves act like assholes for shits and giggles.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 08:44:31 am »

That's funny, about the manager and the rats in statues.  :D  Maybe the manager's friend thinks detesting rats is peculiar because everyone knows how good they are, especially with ketchup.   :P

I have gotten a couple of "cat" and "cats" statues.  I suppose that is because the fortress has so many of them.  That suits me fine.     :)

I didn't think that the actual religion mechanism was in the game yet, but I had hoped that the gods might show up in statues since they are mentioned in the descriptions of the Dwarves along with the likes and dislikes.  The gathering places would be burrows and the membership would be arranged by me.  The only thing the Dwarves would get from it would be attractive gathering places where they met with only those who followed their own religion, plus spouses or maybe not even those.  If I can't make temples, maybe I can make guild halls.  That might be Dwarfier, anyway.  :)
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:54 am »

I like to have my military kill a captured goblin, then build a statue of the act and place it in the tomb of the soldier.