Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about freaking out dorfs...  (Read 538 times)

hyperspacegnome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Questions about freaking out dorfs...
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:10:31 pm »

I plan a battle pit in which the floor is made of grates...

My plan is... below the pit is a dining hall, so the dwarves could gaze at the fighting while eating plump helmets. Occasionally they would be sprinkled with blood and gore, which sure would be very amusing. In addition, fire breathing dragons or arrow shooting goblins could cause delicious mayhems among the spectators...

The question is: Would the dwarves freak out when they see the creatures through the grate? How about when the dwarves are watching the critters from one level above? (like in a colosseum).

And one another thing... Would it be possible to irrigate the floor with blood?

Thanks for your help... and sorry for my clunky english, I am not a native speaker...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about freaking out dorfs...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:43:30 pm »

Great Idea but I spot a couple issues.

1. grates cannot support other grates or constructions, so you will need to at least have 1/3 of the floor as actual floor constructions.

2. dragons are building destroyers and could rip through your grates, causing fun.

hyperspacegnome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:48:25 pm »

1. grates cannot support other grates or constructions, so you will need to at least have 1/3 of the floor as actual floor constructions.

2. dragons are building destroyers and could rip through your grates, causing fun.

Hm I will have to find a workaround... Thank you for your advice.

But what about the dwarves looking at a creature in the pit from above, will this cause fear or do they notice that they are... "safe"?

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:22:42 pm »

Won't work, though the idea seems dwarfy.

They will freak out, no matter how safe they are. As long as they can see it, they'll run. Maybe you should poke their eyes out or something...  :P
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!