Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rough/cut gems for general use?  (Read 2295 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Rough/cut gems for general use?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 05:04:06 pm »

I'll just go with what I know works, if it works for me, it should work for you. End story. All my reactions are made and tested using the latest version of DF.

Now I'm going to add a notice to my guide...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 07:22:56 pm »

Even if your reactions work as they are, if there something wrong with them they might not function in some other use. For example, a certain formulation of a reagent might have an error but still work. But if this reagent is used as a product, its not going to.

Then again, DF might have some form of backwards compatibility in it. If this...
[REACTION:CHEAT_STONE_005]
[NAME:Free Stone Claystone]
[BUILDING:CHEAT_FREE_STONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:CLAYSTONE]
... does indeed works, then that might be the case. Though its odd nontheless; I can only find STONE as a material token in the string dump.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 10:23:45 pm »

Well I'll keep it in mind, I'll wait until people start having complaints of my reactions not working for them. Until then, I'm just going to leave it. If someone feels like posting the "correct" reaction for metal, stone, plant, tree, etc. I'll get around to changing them.

I heard metal was like :1:METAL:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:IRON
So would stone be :1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:GRANITE?
any others?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »

BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:IRON would be for metal bars. The one for stone seems correct.

Creature materials are CREATURE_MAT:(somecreature):(local mat) and plants materials are PLANT_MAT:(someplant):(local mat)

Local materials are defined in the plant or creautre raws. Plants for example all have a main material, but can also have a seed material, dye material, etc.

You can also make vermin with VERMIN:NONE:(somevermin):NONE
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19:47 pm »

You are going to have to mod in a new type of stone for each gem you would want transformed. I have a few custom reactions including involving stone and gems in my mod I'm making; I'll see if I can dig something up real quick and post it.

EDIT:here is the reaction.

[REACTION:GEMSTONE]
   [NAME:turn gems into stone]
   [BUILDING:!ENTERCUSTOMBUILDINGNAMEHERE!:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:ROUGH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:!ENTERNAMEOFROCKDESIREDHERE!]
   [SKILL:CUTGEM]

EDIT again:I can provide an example of making a new stone entry as well if you want.

Nice. Was wondering what the matgloss was for cut gems.

I have the rough gems covered already, but I wanted to fix the annoying issue where sometimes gems are turned into crafts instead of cut gems, which makes decorating things annoying.

I can just tack on [AUTOMATIC] to this reaction and so all gems being mined will automatically be cut into cut gems with a 100% success rate at this workshop, which will reduce some micromanagement required.

Unfortunately there are no decorate reactions, otherwise I'd automate those too!

BLING ON EVERYTHING.  :D

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 09:24:11 pm »

Well I'll keep it in mind, I'll wait until people start having complaints of my reactions not working for them. Until then, I'm just going to leave it. If someone feels like posting the "correct" reaction for metal, stone, plant, tree, etc. I'll get around to changing them.
for one who has taken it upon oneself to write a comprehensive modding guide, I must say that you are certainly not one to work for accuracy. I'd recommend changing it before someone asks you why their mod doesn't work and it turns out to be just this.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 09:11:50 am »

A quick gem related query.

If i wanted a reaction to break up large gems and gem crafts, giving a yield of greater than 1 (e.g. as high level cutter product more crafts, with recutting produce more gems in total than a dabbling gem cutter).

Can't find what i need to specify as the reagent to use 'Large Gems' and other gem crafts?
Very finally, any known way of having the number of products modified by the quality of the reagent?

[REACTION:GEMRECUTA]
   [NAME:Recut large gem]
   [REAGENT:A:1:?????????]  Large Gem
   [PRODUCT:100:3:SMALLGEM:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]  not sure about that last NONE

[REACTION:GEMRECUTB]
   [NAME:Recut gem crafts]
   [REAGENT:A:1:?????????]  Other gem crafts (e.g. diamond crown etc)
   [PRODUCT:100:2:SMALLGEM:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]not sure about that last NONE
   [AUTOMATIC]
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 12:33:23 pm »

Oooh a necro!

For the reaction you will may need to make a custom workshop (the only default buildings that can use cusotm reactions are the kitchen, tannery, smelter and kiln).

Im not sure about the reagent though, you can have it grab any item of a certain material, but its going to take the produced gems as well. There is also no item type that encompasses all crafts.

Its also impossible for skill levels to determine anything but how quickly they work.

A reaction to turn large gems into small gems could probably work though, as something like this:

[REACTION:GEMRECUTA]
   [NAME:Recut large gem]
   [REAGENT:A:1:GEM:NONE:NONE:NONE] yes large gem item type is just 'gem'.
   [PRODUCT:100:3:SMALLGEM:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] and you dont need to copy comments like this for reactions to work ;p
Pages: 1 [2]