Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Butchering Reaction  (Read 954 times)

MrBots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Custom Butchering Reaction
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:39:26 pm »

I'm trying to make a custom reaction that will allow me to butcher all corpses. I found one on the forum here a bit ago that I've tried to use as a template, but it doesn't work correctly.

Template Reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:NONE:DWARF] line doesn't limit it to dwarven corpses, or corpses at all. In what little testing I did, the reaction used a cut gem on two occasions, and a random nearby stone on another.
I know that the [PRODUCT:100:1:MEAT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:not sure about these] part is wrong, that's just how it was posted to the forum, and I'm unsure of how to correct it.

So basically, does anybody know how I would go about cloning the Butchering reaction, without limiting it to non-dwarven/pet corpses?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Butchering Reaction
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 08:53:22 pm »

could try changing the corpse items to just be a rock, easily used in a reaction but then it wouldnt rot which would be odd..
perhaps some sort of useless rotting material like nerves would work as a base?

this way would require a LOT of custom reactions though.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:18:12 pm »

[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF]

possibly?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:26:46 pm »

Couldn't you just change the ethics of the civ so to accomplish that?
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

MrBots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 09:30:58 pm »

[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF]

possibly?

I just tested this, and the dwarf started the reaction with no reagent present.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 09:34:14 pm »

If you need a list of tokens, check out my guide. That's about best I could do right now. I don't have any time to do testing.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!