Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d:Skill called Tracker  (Read 1565 times)

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
40d:Skill called Tracker
« on: June 19, 2010, 08:33:25 am »

So the king arrived to my fortress. I looked at his list of skills just for the heck of it and apparently he's Great Tracker, among other things. I tried to dig up information about this skill but the results mostly point to bug tracker, nothing about the skill. What's going on? What is the function of this skill? Playing 40d version here.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7790/king01.gif
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:41:28 am by albatross »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: 40d:Skill called Tracker
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:48:32 am »

I think it helps at hunting and trapping animals.

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 10:51:44 pm »

Yeah, well, doesn't explain why no other dwarf has the skill, or why it isn't even listed in Magmawiki, or mentioned anywhere for that matter. Well... I did find a mention of it in String Dump section of Magmawiki. But that's all. Maybe it's just an unimplemented skill that's there due to an oversight or even a bug?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 06:48:56 pm »

Hehe, I was just trying to figure the same thing out-- since my queen, in DF2010, is likewise a great tracker :)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:24:15 am »

Yeah, well, doesn't explain why no other dwarf has the skill, or why it isn't even listed in Magmawiki, or mentioned anywhere for that matter. Well... I did find a mention of it in String Dump section of Magmawiki. But that's all. Maybe it's just an unimplemented skill that's there due to an oversight or even a bug?

It appears to be a social skill:

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Skill_tokens

But there's nothing else about it.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:07:09 am »

theroretically it's a "legends" skill, as the king is a historical figure, he possibly wandered the wilds hunting beasts and gained trackings skills, that have no effect at all in fortress and possibly adventurer mode. yet.