Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I have created a monster !  (Read 4107 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have created a monster !
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »

Well, yeah, it's a cow.  Use a horse.  Once I had a horse chained up as trap bait, and a troll wandered up in a siege and started wrestling with it.  I let it go for a bit, and the horse jointlocked him until he passed out from the pain.  Horses are totally badass in DF.
An odd happening. I used to have natural horses, until the champions went on patrol. They would fall asleep on the ground, and a horse would come by. The champions would wake up, break it's neck, and go back to sleep.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 10:33:07 pm »

Mod fluffy wamblers to be non-vermin.

Gear up a fluffy wambler.

Put it in with the colossus.

Watch the carnage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh GOD yes.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 11:41:08 pm »

for the lulz I made a Grandmaster shield/armor/hammerman Bronze colossus and encased him in slade.

I can't seem to kill him.

Edit: Dousing him in lava still works.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:47:37 pm by lanceleoghauni »
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 12:38:12 pm »

Sadly slade armored cow die fast  ;)

Dwarf Champion: You fight like a dairy farmer!
Bronze Colossus: How appropriate; you fight like a slade-armored cow!

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 08:40:04 am »

Ideally, this could be fixed in vanilla DF by putting in some sort of system where multiple wounds to the same part add their "effective contact area" together in order to allow lumberjack-style kills on the more resilient enemies.
Ooh, I like it. Avoids putting artifical hp system for body part. But I would change one thing. Instead of adding up "effective contact area", multiple hits should cause given part of body to have less contact area required to totally cut it off. Amount will be some fraction of weapons' contact area, dependent on:
  • damage done in this particular hit (from healthy to yellow claim more contact area of body part than healthy to bruised)
  • current state of body part (hitting red part will cause loss of more contact area than hitting bruised, all other things being equal)
  • material of body part (obviously)
This would allow to hit it with various different weapons.

In fact, this scheme would allow to have killable, yet still very tough monsters.

Now, to next problem: how we would implement accumulation of multiple hits of blunt weapon?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 09:28:23 am »

Blunt weapons would have less contact area reduction, as all they'll do is dent the thing.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 02:37:08 pm »

I was playing around in arena trying to find a way to kill a bronze collosus. The dwarves has full adamantine armor, golden war hammers. 5 of them. the collosus killed one by throwing him at a wall. Then all of sudden killed rest of them when i checked him i realised horror. he wore the full adamantine armor from the dwarves and is using the golden hammmer. he destoried overr 10 men of fire. 100 dwarves and hes now legendry in most fighting abilities . WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!
your problem is that a golden warhammer would not be the most effective, make a lead hammer, it works based on weight.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 04:26:53 pm »

That's why he should use gold.  Lead is actually significantly LIGHTER than gold. 
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!
Pages: 1 2 [3]