Advanced search  

Author Topic: ALT1977  (Read 653 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
ALT1977
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:13:21 am »

Pretty neat graphic design project: http://www.behance.net/gallery/ALT1977-WE-ARE-NOT-TIME-TRAVELERS/545221

Basically, the premise is "If you took the concepts of an iPod, a gaming handheld, a cell phone and a laptop back to 1977 and tried to corner the electronics market with them, what would they and the marketing products look like?"

The results are pretty sweet, especially if (like me) you're old enough to remember 1977.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: ALT1977
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 06:24:49 am »

I wasn't alive in the 70s, but I have gone through my parent's old gear - back then Damn. Electronics were made to last, and stylish. There was none of this "barely made to outlast warranty "ipod-esque" bullshit".

Expensive electronics were styled with leather. I have this canon SLR from the 70s with leather trimming around it's metallic body. You could club people to death with this thing. Still works (but who uses film nowadays?). It reminds me of the cheap plastic shit they sell at urban outfitters or american apparel which apparently try to copy that look.

And these gigantic silver and leather koss headphones that are rusty and give a tinny sound, but otherwise still work great, from when my Da was in uni- actually it was 1977...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:27:04 am by KaelGotDwarves »