Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automate tearing down of floors  (Read 521 times)

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Automate tearing down of floors
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:14:50 pm »

I would like to see constructions that automatically put floors under themselves, demolish any constructed floors that they are ordered to be built on.
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Re: Automate tearing down of floors
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 02:25:48 am »

That would make towers a lot easier to deal with if you didn't have to rip their floors apart manually to make new walls inside them.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Nintenlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Adamantine fever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 04:42:08 am »

I would also like the option of using the original constructed floors material for building the new construction. Would save the effort of re-selecting the material and the time it takes for the dwarf to haul it, too.
The only dragon I've seen in game walked into my rats nest of a fortress and died in the flames of the conflagration he started in the dining hall.  Of course, nearly every dwarf was dead by then, but we consider it a tactical victory.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 05:56:36 am »

I would also like the option of using the original constructed floors material for building the new construction. Would save the effort of re-selecting the material and the time it takes for the dwarf to haul it, too.
Sooner or later walls will require more material than floors anyway, so that may be moot.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.