Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An Artistic Flair  (Read 898 times)

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
An Artistic Flair
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:23 am »

So, I'm planning a megafortress and want it look as good as possible. So two questions:

1)Is there a definitive list of all the colors Dwarf Fortress supports? If so, what are they?

2)There being modded in as large stone clusters. How do you do that? I've tried but couldn't get it to generate.(had same properties as microcline, but a different name.)
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

namragog

• Bay Watcher
  • How many woods can a wood wood chu- Wait, no...
    • View Profile
Re: An Artistic Flair
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:26:34 pm »

blar,

oops, wrong post
Erarngumrash!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:33:39 pm »

So, I'm planning a megafortress and want it look as good as possible. So two questions:

1)Is there a definitive list of all the colors Dwarf Fortress supports? If so, what are they?
They are defined in data/init/colors.txt, where you can change them.
2)There being modded in as large stone clusters. How do you do that? I've tried but couldn't get it to generate.(had same properties as microcline, but a different name.)
[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER:100]

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 03:33:08 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Color

On the wiki is a list of all available colors. However you are going to be stuck with the following colors for stones. (I'm not quite too sure how dyes work, but we'll just avoid those.)

DARK COLORS
Black
Blue
Green
Cyan
Red
Magenta
Brown
Light grey

BRIGHT COLORS
Dark grey
Light blue
Light green
Light cyan
Light red
Light magenta
Yellow
White

What you could do, if you wanted to get real specific is mod in all these colors for sure.

You could also name the stone after the color. Or the reaction after the color.

All present stones in game do not use all the colors.

[COLOR:foreground:background:brightness]

This is the entry in the stone editing that you'll see.. well more like..

[COLOR:0:3:1] <--- should be vanilla microcline.

Anywho...

Foreground - Value of 0-7
Background - value of 0-7 (You'll probably just want to do zero for this one if my idea of how it works is correct.)
Brightness - 0 or 1 (zero will be dark versions of the bright colors.)

Hope this helps.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

This has been a great help, both of you. Thank you both and apologies for such a noob question.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:20:49 pm »

It's alright, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people out there who would like to have colorful fortresses as well. So it was only bound to come up. I should add this information to my guide.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!