Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Save request for testing  (Read 711 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Save request for testing
« on: June 14, 2010, 09:41:23 am »

Hey, I need some saves for testing some aspects of Runesmith. I'll put a short list below of what I need, if anyone can help could you rar/7zip the saves and upload to rapidshare or somewhere?

I needs:
  • A save with a huge number of dwarves & creatures on the map
  • 1 save for each type of mood

Pretty much it for now, Thanks
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:08:29 pm by sizeak »
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Save request for testing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:13:24 pm »

Bump! really need a dwarf with a mood
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »

I have a fortress with 250 or so Dwarves and a lot of animals. Are you still after a save of a large fortress?

As for the moods I don't have any saves with moody dwarves, but Im just starting a new fortress so I'll try and remember that you want the saves.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:24:24 pm by s20dan »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:21:54 pm »

I'm working on the mood one, not too sure how long it'll be.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 05:41:03 pm »

Ahahaha! You two are brilliant, yes I'd love the 250+ save and keep working on a mood guys  :D
Just as a totally not in the correct thread update, I'm currently writing the code for editing happiness values  ;D Got setback by a day or so though since I spilt tea all in my keyboard :/

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 05:42:45 pm »

Heres the fortress with the large population.

HERE

Good luck with Runesmith, I'll be using that when its done :)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 07:18:32 pm »

I tested it with your save and it handled it no problem. I even edited happiness values without any problems :D

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 07:34:38 pm »

I know this might not quite fit the "Dwarf Companion" idea... but would it be possible to have a tile editor?

Still haven't gotten a mood.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 07:39:57 pm »

Umm I don't see why not. Ok maybe, but don't expect it for the first release. I think I may add a suggestions list to the first post or something.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »

Cause it'd be nice to be able to add like an aquifer tile for constant flowing water.

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 11:58:12 am »

Hello again, got a moody dwarf for you...He's actually the third Ive had on this fortress but I forgot to save the 'fey' mood and the other was the same as this, which is 'possession'.

Ok, as i write I am attempting to upload this save to my host, but its a much larger save as the world Im using is massive somy host might not accept this file....

As i suspected, my host won't let me save the larger file, I'm too near my limit.
 If you PM me your email or ICQ number, i can send it that way.

On another note, @Shaostoul   I liked your modding guide, its great that people take the time to put together things like that, good (wo)man.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:05:02 pm by s20dan »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 03:23:31 pm »

I be a man.... with entirely too much free time on my hands... haha..

There's more I'm thinking about adding, but who knows.

Also, I decided to get the newest version of DF and Deon's Genesis cause I was running... 03? or is it 04? when he went to openGL?