Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reject Counter Offer  (Read 3540 times)

BubbaBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reject Counter Offer
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:26:34 pm »

One of the more annoying parts about trading is when the caravan trader decides to put in a counter-offer.  I look at the offer, it's ridiculous, but I can't reject it.  The way the menus are setup right now, you are forced to accept, go back through the items and de-select all the stuff, and then try trading again.  It's fairly annoying, especially, when you are trading a bunch of items.  I wouldn't mind counter-offers, if I could reject or at least edit them.  It'd also help out when you have bins with stuff you want to sell and stuff you don't, as the traders ALWAYS seem to go after the stuff I DON'T want to sell.  I can't remember how many times I was trading crap copper gear looted from goblin invaders for steel gear for my defenders... and the trader decides to select a few steel items of mine... forcing me to search through about 25+ pages of items to deselect them... only to have them selected again by ANOTHER more inane counter offer.  Caravan traders are pretty ballsy when it comes to subsequent counter-offers.  Seriously, if don't like giving you that much of profit before, do you really think I'm going to like give you an even HIGHER amount of profit?  I ain't running a charity here.

weird beard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reject Counter Offer
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:18:04 pm »

One of the more annoying parts about trading is when the caravan trader decides to put in a counter-offer.  I look at the offer, it's ridiculous, but I can't reject it.  The way the menus are setup right now, you are forced to accept, go back through the items and de-select all the stuff, and then try trading again.  It's fairly annoying, especially, when you are trading a bunch of items.  I wouldn't mind counter-offers, if I could reject or at least edit them.  It'd also help out when you have bins with stuff you want to sell and stuff you don't, as the traders ALWAYS seem to go after the stuff I DON'T want to sell.  I can't remember how many times I was trading crap copper gear looted from goblin invaders for steel gear for my defenders... and the trader decides to select a few steel items of mine... forcing me to search through about 25+ pages of items to deselect them... only to have them selected again by ANOTHER more inane counter offer.  Caravan traders are pretty ballsy when it comes to subsequent counter-offers.  Seriously, if don't like giving you that much of profit before, do you really think I'm going to like give you an even HIGHER amount of profit?  I ain't running a charity here.

I like this :)

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 07:25:33 pm »

Oh, this would be nice to have! ;D
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 07:26:36 pm »

I would love this.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:28:54 pm »

I agree.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 09:11:22 pm »

Double-click the "add this to DF" button.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:04:47 am »

And on a related note, a search/filter option in the trade view similar to what we have when selecting items to move to the depot would be a VERY helpful addition.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:12:48 am »

Hell yes!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 04:55:19 pm »

I double plus plus this suggestion!

And on a related note, a search/filter option in the trade view similar to what we have when selecting items to move to the depot would be a VERY helpful addition.

Very needed feature. Again, plus plus.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!