Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Got some questions  (Read 952 times)

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Got some questions
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:54:48 pm »

Hi all, new poster here (though not my first post, see Suggestions for that), and i have a few questions. I went through about half of the Complete and Utter Newby tutorial (note: that means i'm running 40d with the mayday tileset), so i'm primed on most of what i need, but my questions are:
 * My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden (except for freeing the tables involved). How do i fix it?
 * I have a dwarf who was once wounded but is now better, though seems to be in a coma (just says unconscious when i check his stats). What should i do?
 * My moody dwarves often ask for shells (among other things), and the wiki says i should stockpile them, but i don't even know where to get/make any. Help?
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
Re: Got some questions
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:46 pm »

These are all for 40d. The new version changed everything.

1. Don't designate the dining room as a meeting hall.  No meeting hall=no parties. However, dwarves who are not doing anything will thus wander about aimlessly.

2. There's nothing you can do. He'll either get better on his own or he won't. (most likely won't.)

3. The easiest way to get shells is from turtles, which are officially vermin, and can usually be caught by a fisherdwarf in aboveground pools. They are also available to buy as meat when you embark. Eating a turtle produces a shell, which are dumped in refuse piles. Install an indoor refuse pile set to accept only shells (and bones, because you'll probably need them too at some point.)
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 11:15:57 pm »

Thanks! (and yea, i said i was using 40d in my post :) )
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 12:21:01 am »

Hah...siged the bit about the terminaly partying
"My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden"- RCIX