Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drop-off inaccesible  (Read 648 times)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Drop-off inaccesible
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:02:50 pm »

I'm kind of confused right now. One of my dwarves appears to be stuck an a loop. She keeps trying to store something in a stockpile, but I keep getting the message "Cancels store item in stock-pile: drop-off inaccessible".

What does this mean? I can't get the dwarf to do anything else right now. She's just stuck in place, constantly picking up and then dropping the item.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Eidako

• Bay Watcher
  • Snow White cancels Sleep: Attending Party
    • View Profile
Re: Drop-off inaccesible
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:25:17 pm »

The drop-off is inaccessible.

...heh.

There's something in between the item and stockpile that's preventing the dwarf from pathing to it. Press k, put the cursor over the dwarf, and try to trace the most likely path she would take to the stockpile. Make sure she can move between z-levels with matching pairs of up and down stairs, and that none of the doors in between have been forbidden or locked (the menu will have an option for "claim" in the t menu if it's forbidden, or will be a red "Forbidden" in the q menu if it's locked).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:30:18 pm by Eidako »

Decidophobia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drop-off inaccesible
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:46:13 am »

When my dwarves do that, it's usually because there's nothing to do in their burrows, so they try to fill stockpiles somewhere else.