Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary migrants  (Read 705 times)

Murgen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary migrants
« on: June 11, 2010, 01:15:05 pm »

Is receiving legendary migrants a bug?  I never used to get any in the versions previous to 31.0x
The Gremlin punches The Dog in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Monom Edtulsolon, Dog (Tame) has been struck down.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary migrants
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:20:41 pm »

I usually get a wide range of unskilled to very high skilled migrants, I guess getting a legendary is pretty lucky. I doubt that it's a bug.

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:23:06 pm »

I eagerly await my new legendary threshers and milkers.  8)

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:25:02 pm »

Is receiving legendary migrants a bug?  I never used to get any in the versions previous to 31.0x

Nah, you've got to remember that your fortress is only a very tiny corner of the world. The other dwarves, humans and elves lead simulated lives else where in the world. They gain skills, have babies, die... etc.

So its perfectly reasonable that some migrants will be very skilled in certain labors.

Now if you start getting dwarves with all skills at legendary or even more than one or two i'd start to wonder about a bug or atleast a very anomalous dwarven society.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:57:00 pm by K4el »

Murgen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »

yeah, I only think its been two between my last two serious fortresses... my abandoned one got a legendary milker, and my current one I received a legendary brewer in my second migrant wave
The Gremlin punches The Dog in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Monom Edtulsolon, Dog (Tame) has been struck down.