Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My mayor got voted out of office!  (Read 766 times)

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My mayor got voted out of office!
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:47:56 am »

(40d) My mayor got booted out of her office - she was the original expedition leader and as such was also the manager, treasurer and broker. Additionally, she is a legendary miner.

I'm wondering if I should let the new mayor take over her other offices or if I should keep the original expedition leader as an administrator? I've never had this happen before -- any help is appreciated.

I know I need to get to the new version, as soon as I do a few more things in this fortress I will be downloading the latest version!

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My mayor got voted out of office!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:01:59 am »

Only change if the new guy would be better at these jobs then your old Expedition Leader.

Actually if you're big enough that the original expedition leader is no longer Mayor you should probably divide up the administrative jobs some more. As your fort gets bigger managing work orders, keeping stock, etc. take up a lot of time.

And if your only legendary miner is also the only one who can manage work orders, trade, and count your gold you ain't gonna get much mining done.

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:18:12 am »

naw, I got two more legendary miners.

I think I will let my original leader stay the broker and treasurer and let the new mayor become the manager (as the original leader has no organization skills yet).

Thanks for the reply!

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54:33 pm »

You will need to assign the new mayor a suitable room (or several). They'll get jealous of your broker/manager's sweet digs if you don't scale 'em back, so you'll probably end up reassigning rooms. Poor dwarves.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:00:00 pm »

What I do (or rather did in 40D), is create a suite for my expedition leader/mayor who generally tends to be mayor for many years, and dig out a few other suites (for a later mayor and the DM). I smooth and set up the first one for my expedition leader/mayor and later set up the others. I use the other suite for the mayor, which I switch around when the mayor changes.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:39:19 pm »

This has happened to me. My response: the mayor's house is the mayor's house: you lose the election, you find a new place to live, buddy.

Old Skool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 11:13:04 pm »

Yepper. I booted my old mayor and installed the new one into the mayoral palace.