Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: As of version 0.31.06 how well is Archery working in DF2010?  (Read 750 times)

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couple quick questions. If you aren't sure about the current version (.06) please don't speculate.

1) Is it possible to get military dwarves to operate about as well as they did in pre-2010? EG: carry ammo most of the time, fire their bows when they can etc... ? It's fine if the bows don't do as much damage anymore. Just want to see them actuall get used.

2) If so, are there any special steps or workarounds needed to make this happen. EG: Is it nescessary to manually assign any equipment rather than use a uniform etc... ?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: As of version 0.31.06 how well is Archery working in DF2010?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 09:11:14 pm »

1)I say about half of the time, half of them do the commands. Mine never seem to pick up there ammo, but they will pick up there Crossbows and beat my enemy's with it, which is not so effective.

2)Yeah. M-N-N-Give it a name-W/S/B/G/H/L/A and M/r/C/m are optional. It is the only way I know of.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:47:47 pm »

Seeing nothing on the changelogs, I assume it's the same as it was in .04 - you can get hunters to shoot if you micromanage them and you can get marksdwarves to train at an archery range with precautions, but you can never get military marksdwarves to actually shoot in live combat even with quivers full of ammo.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:49:45 pm »

Is this a inventory check failure? I am pretty sure they either fail to notice they have arrows, or the game does not understand the whole arrow firing from the fire breathing stuff?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.