Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Listing current Items in your fort  (Read 494 times)

nucleus222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Listing current Items in your fort
« on: May 25, 2010, 04:24:15 am »

Hi All

I was wondering if there was a file or way to get the information on your stock levels out of DF. The in game menu is a pain. I was hoping to be able to pull a list and then set the pre-requisits for item creations into a program so that i could say i wanted to forge 5 axes and the program would then say. that i have say 3 iron bars but i have 10* ore available. so the steps to create 5 axes would be smelt so many ore and then create the axes. it would also be usefull to set reminders on stocks levels dropping etc.

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Listing current Items in your fort
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:54:56 am »

I have no idea how to help you but if your capable of programming such a thing then this might be of help

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:String_dump

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:38:02 pm »

This may not be what youu are looking for, but if you use the manager menu, you can do something like that.

Here's a screenshot of what it'd look like in the manager to order 5 iron axes. Please note that there are 3 major issues with this...

1) There is no way to order hematite to be dug
2) There may not be flux to do this with
3) This process might use all your coke, eliminating the ability for more coke to be produced with the order.

So, as you can see, you have to watch your resources when it comes to coke and raw materials. With that, manager can do most of what you want when it comes to getting the process made.

It stands to reason that the keystrokes can be programmed into a simple program to execute this, although again those same problems would exist in a third party program. Also the person would have to have the workshops available. If the program could pull the data from the stocks and verify the existence of workshops and certain materials and only allow what is possible, creating the rest would be simple. In fact, the order can be executed in parts, so that only when the coke stocks are up to the ability to execute the next phase do the rest get triggered.

I believe that this program could be made, as long as we can pull the data that is available on the stocks menu.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

nucleus222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 01:57:16 am »

I use the manager a lot as it makes creating a number of different things with multiple workshops easier. but i am constatly getting the message that i dont have enough coal for example. If i could pull a file that showed me what my stock levels where at and i wanted to create 5 axes then i would be able to see that i dont have enough coal and my wood stocks where low so i would need to cut trees to create coal to create the axes.