Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade wagon - nobody will trade!  (Read 414 times)

Slazia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade wagon - nobody will trade!
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:32:14 am »

Have a wagon waiting, and a broker assigned broker with no jobs, yet he seems to constantly haul things to trade. Tried changing the setting to anyone may trade, still nobody will trade. Are there any possible reasons for this I may have overlooked?

The last two incoming trade wagons were overrun by goblins, would that mess it up?

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade wagon - nobody will trade!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:22:00 am »

Hit Shift + d.  Do you have a clear path to your trade depot, unblocked by rocks, trees, and shrubbery?
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 04:15:04 am »

Did you hit q, cursor over the depot, and hit r? That'll toggle the "I need a trader here" command on or off.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 04:35:16 am »

In general, bringing stuff to the trade depot is higher priority than actually sitting around to trade. Hence why bins and early response are good. If you really must get trade done faster, temporary cancel all the pending trade items from being brought to the depot and your broker will go into standby for trade.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:10 am »

In an emergency, you can create a burrow that covers just the trade depot, and assign your trader to that burrow.  He'll have to go to the trade depot and won't be able to take any jobs outside it.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Slazia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:17:41 am »

I don't have a clear path, but it doest seem to matter, the wagon is still set up. I turned off all the pending trade items and managed to trade with my broker. Thanks a lot for the advice! My little balls of fun will eat well this winter!