Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Personality Changes/Traits (40d)  (Read 465 times)

suriname0

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Personality Changes/Traits (40d)
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:09:06 pm »

I'm a newish DF player, and I'm using 40d.

What does it mean/what's the effect when it says "is a hardened individual." in the traits of many of my military dwarves?  One legendary dwarf says "doesn't care about anything anymore".  Does this matter in terms of combat?  Do I need to worry about the "doesn't care" dwarf freaking out and going miserable or something?

Also, how much do the "likes" affect labor training?  Does someone who likes gauntlets or helms train Armor User faster, or is more satisfied being in the military?

Sorry for the questions, I just can't find any info on this in the wiki.  Thanks for any help :)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personality Changes/Traits (40d)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:09:16 pm »

It's commonly believed that 'doesn't really care about anything anymore' happens after a dwarf either kills enough creatures or has seen death enough. Most of your military will get it if they last that long. It's believed they will drink more often than ones that don't.

I think they don't react as strongly to friends and family dying, but that may just be because they're so freaking happy from slaughtering things and talking to their sparring partners. Some can have over a thousand 'happy', where estatic is somewhere around 150
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale