Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gaston  (Read 1371 times)

SireosS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Gaston
« on: June 07, 2010, 05:53:13 pm »

I'm new to this sight but i had a story  back from 40d 19 that just needed to be told. 
       I had started a budding fortress everything was going fine, but then suddenly a goblin ambush. Six goblins out of nowhere  about to overrun my puny 7 starting dwarfs so I had nothing to to do but enlist my meager woodcutter to fight them off as he had the only weapon.  Armed with nothing but a single axe and his infinite he towards small green things he suddenly he bullrushes straight for the goblins headbutting one so hard its skull is completely crushed. He then enters a martial trance and slices 2 more goblins in half.  The other three goblins start to tun but not before he has a chance to chase one down and rip off both its legs. 
      After this show of greatness the first thing I thought to do was give a name befitting him so I named him Gaston as in from Beauty and the Beast but with a huge beard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhG9hKiplfQ).  Once the goblins ran back to there fortress they told there there goblin king who sent another ambush team to try and take revenge on Gaston. Still being developed with no defenses or military Gaston is once again drafted and attacks the goblins, but suddenly another ambush.  Gaston had them right were he wanted them SURROUNDED from the inside goblin limbs fly every as Gaston decimates the ambushers.   Later when I had basic defenses (2 cage traps) and a small military with Gaston as the leader another goblins ambush.  While all the other military were drowning them selves in booze Gaston goes to take care of them himself. As he exits the entrance to my fortress the first goblin runs up to him at which point he hits the goblin and launches it over 20 tiles away. after seeing this another goblin jumped straight into one of my cage traps and another into the nearby volcano. He then proceeded to slice the rest of the goblins into chunks.
      Gaston was undefeated with 20+ kills at this point.  By then the goblin king was fed up so he devised a plan.  One day out doing a patrol he spots a lone goblin in the forest. He then instinctively charges the goblin but wait ITS A TRAP.
Over 10 Archer Goblins come out of hiding spots and in a flurry of arrows Gaston is finally defeated but not before biting the arms of their squad leader.  Gaston was consecrated in a grand mausoleum only fitting of his majesty and a mural displaying his greatness was created in the dining hall.  The fortress then proceeded to be overrun by goblins.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
Re: Gaston
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:19:58 pm »

Urist McCloaked cancels Read Post: Punctuation lost or destroyed.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

CaveLobsterShell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 07:26:27 pm »

Legendary axecutter kills a bunch of goblins then falls to archers, and the last acts of his proud fortress were statues and murals in his honor. Nice. The grammar was kind of painful, though - learn what a prepositional phrase is and comma-delineate.

"SURROUNDED from the inside"

Pretty awesome.
The funniest part being a dwarf actually butchered the stupid thing.  Necrotic poison is the tastiest of spices.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:05:02 am »

Reminds me of something Patton once said: "We have found the enemy. They surround us completely. Bastards won't get away this time!"

Or: "I don't want to hear about anyone 'holding their position.' We aren't holding a god-damned thing, we are always pushing forward."
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!