Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military question- puzzled by wiki  (Read 748 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Military question- puzzled by wiki
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:16:07 pm »

Two questions, actually.

A) Are the training bugs still bugs? I can get them to do individual combat training, but I'm not so lucky with having the the Captain give a demonstration.

B) IS there a way I can get my dwarves to switch from training weapons to steel ones or what have you? I assume there's a a way to do it in Uniforms, but I don't know how to make uniform changes work with alerts.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military question- puzzled by wiki
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:57 pm »

A) still bugs yeah

B) the one case I've known of someone who did it, he manually swapped uniforms when he swapped alerts. Right now with individual training drills being the only viable training option, you may as well skip training weapons and permanently equip full steel.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:26:37 pm »

The military bugs are driving me insane... I always enjoyed using my military to fend off threats but stuff like this is actually stopping me from playing. I just won't and want to go the "trap everything" approach till this gets fixed. Back to .40d seems the only option, at least one could train the little buggers.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:31:56 pm »

Individual weapons training and steel equipment is plenty enough for an effective military in my view. Now that the bug with individual weapons training is sorted, there's no reason not to have a military - just make sure not to recruit procrastinator dwarves as they won't train on their own.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.