Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Item Bug?  (Read 396 times)

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Item Bug?
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:27:08 pm »

My military dwarfs won't equip what I tell them to, they just ignore it. Im I doing somthing wrong?

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Item Bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:25 pm »

Assuming that you're in 0.31.x:

If you have more than twenty dwarfs, you'll need an arsenal dwarf to assign the items to them.

Before that, they may not respond immediately to any change, so waiting a bit could be a good idea, and if you're assigning specific weapons or armor that might be a bad idea; just assign the type and material, and they'll figure it out. If you're assigning them axes, check to make sure that the axes aren't already taken by woodcutters (it's happened to me a few times). Make sure that they can path to the armor, and that it's not forbidden, etc.

If you have any stockpiles set to accept weapons and armor, the items may be tasked to be hauled there; temporarily disabling the stockpile or just waiting for that dwarfs to get around to it should fix that.

If you're trying to change the equipment of experienced dwarfs, they may have grown attached to it and refuse to take it off, but if so you should have gotten a notification at some point.

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Item Bug?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 08:38:57 pm »

Assuming that you're in 0.31.x:

If you have more than twenty dwarfs, you'll need an arsenal dwarf to assign the items to them.

Before that, they may not respond immediately to any change, so waiting a bit could be a good idea, and if you're assigning specific weapons or armor that might be a bad idea; just assign the type and material, and they'll figure it out. If you're assigning them axes, check to make sure that the axes aren't already taken by woodcutters (it's happened to me a few times). Make sure that they can path to the armor, and that it's not forbidden, etc.

If you have any stockpiles set to accept weapons and armor, the items may be tasked to be hauled there; temporarily disabling the stockpile or just waiting for that dwarfs to get around to it should fix that.

If you're trying to change the equipment of experienced dwarfs, they may have grown attached to it and refuse to take it off, but if so you should have gotten a notification at some point.

Fixed it, Thanks!