Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Priority events  (Read 438 times)

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Priority events
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:07:00 am »

Basically, I'd like to see the option to prioritise events.  I have all of my dwarves set to farming (fields), but they do that when I want them to do other stuff. Being able to set them to farm in their spare time to get some nice big crops would be more useful, instead of them not making useful items.

Another thing would be the ability to, instead of having to hold down the + button to determine room size, is to just push one button which expands the room to its maximum possible size, up to a door, stone wall, etc, if you get what I mean.

[ February 08, 2008: Message edited by: Sithlordz ]

You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Priority events
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sithlordz:
<STRONG>Basically, I'd like to see the option to prioritise events.  I have all of my dwarves set to farming (fields), but they do that when I want them to do other stuff. Being able to set them to farm in their spare time to get some nice big crops would be more useful, instead of them not making useful items.</STRONG>

I think this old thread has my favorite implementation of this (whether it's set individually, in groups, or globally), but make sure to check out the thread that Toady points out as well. And search for "job priorities" in DF Suggestions for other ideas that have been proposed  :)

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside