Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I didn't think I had yellow sand...  (Read 1563 times)

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I didn't think I had yellow sand...
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:09:05 pm »

Hmm, maybe it's a bug

*Goes to loo K at it*

WHY?!

Turns out the area around my wells is covered in Dwarf Pus.  Somehow, this made me sicker then any other gore in other games.  So a commendation on toady's immersion, a reprimand for the dwarf pus covered water cooler.

Also, how often does the chief medical dwarf check on his patients?  I had a guy succumb to infection (Megaproject mishap) and it never showed infection in the health screen, he was only diagnosed once, anyway to request a diagnosis?  (The other dwarves were busy bench pressing a patient instead of putting him in traction)
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't think I had yellow sand...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 09:25:12 pm »

Sounds like they're washing the pus off at the well.

Is there a way to separate cleaning zones and drinking zones?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:07:06 pm »

Sounds like they're washing the pus off at the well.

Is there a way to separate cleaning zones and drinking zones?

Not yet and I think we need this urgently.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:50:59 pm »

They grab a bucket, fill it, then wash off the patient, in the hospital.  I'm clueless how it got there unless he decided it twas just a flesh wound.
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 10:55:12 pm »

Possibly your dwarves handling the patient get pus on themselves, and then go wash it off at the well. Due to the fluid multiplication bug, you soon have a well surrounded by deep pools of replicated dwarf pus.