Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Goblins  (Read 481 times)

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No Goblins
« on: June 06, 2010, 03:24:47 pm »

Why are no goblins attacking my Fort? After like 5 years and 70 Dwarfs not even a baby snatcher. Could they have all died in world gen? Also would removing the " [RARE_MULTIPLE_LITTER] " tag help?

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Goblins
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 05:22:17 pm »

Dieing off in world gen is definitely possible. Or you could just be too far away. You can make a copy of the save folder and abandon, then check legends.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 11:50:51 pm »

are you on an island?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

nautikus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:04:07 pm »

on the embark screen, for every new fort, always hit tab a few times until you get to the 'neighbors' part. It will list Dwarves(always), elves, humans, goblins, etc. move your embark location around until you find one that you like (you may not want elves or whatever). It's the easiest way, at least for me, to see if i'm going to get all the fun stuff or if it's just going to be me alone forever.

Checking legends is also helpful though, if you don't mind reading about your world's history for a while.

Illeist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 01:14:30 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=84d0e4365ffcd591714259d2aac74df7&topic=58164.0

This forum discussion should answer most of your questions, though I don't believe it ever reached a final consensus.
Toxic Blood: For all your FPS worries