Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hostile(sort of) Liaison  (Read 614 times)

catnarok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hostile(sort of) Liaison
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:45:15 am »

Recently a "flood monster" liaison came by my fortress and has been accidentally causing all sorts of havoc. It's on and off, but when he's in the mood, everything he touches, and even gets a few squares away from, gets destroyed. My entire military refuses to kill him; they just stand a few squares away for long periods and get thirsty and unhappy. I managed to wall him in but he destroys even the walls with ease.

It's become quite troubling having to rebuild my workshops, doors, and even my dining area equipped with chairs and tables for my 100+ dwarves. He'll take out everything in a matter of 3 or 4 real-life minutes and all I can do is watch.

Makes me wonder how the guy even got appointed. Any ideas?

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hostile(sort of) Liaison
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:08:42 am »

its a well known bug. Seems as if the civ you are trading with, was overtaken by some sort of deamon. Only way to kill it yet is to wall it in and then do some special stuff. (pouring magma/water on it, encase it in obsidian, or sth. like this)

catnarok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:15:17 am »

Looks like I've got some engineering to do...

Thanks though, at least I know what I'm up against.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 06:36:10 am »

I managed to wall him in but he destroys even the walls with ease.
Creatures can destroy walls now?  :o
Not thats its a bad thing I just have never seen this before.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 06:48:17 am »

Walls that have only been designated, not actually finished constructed. That's what I presume anyway.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 11:39:57 am »

Build a support holding up stone flooring on the next level up, then remove the auxiliary constructions you used to build it. When the building destroyer knocks over the support, the platform will fall on their head and kill them.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

catnarok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 06:01:25 pm »

Creatures can destroy walls now?  :o
Not thats its a bad thing I just have never seen this before.

They were walls that I built with b-C-enter as Psieye suggested.

Therefore I'm mostly certain a cave-in is the only way. If I tried drowning him (with magma, I bet he can swim being made out of water), he'd probably knock down the walls at the exact right moment and kill all my dwarves.

EDIT: I dug out a 3x3 area to collapse as quickly (haphazardly) as possible and it collapsed just as he was about to move out from under it. No other fatalities have been reported. Thanks for saving my fortress, everyone.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:13:30 pm by catnarok »