Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: training and keeping military dwarfs happy  (Read 458 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
training and keeping military dwarfs happy
« on: June 04, 2010, 10:16:57 pm »

how many months out of a year should I have dwarfs trian and how many months out of the year should allow them personal time?  should do x months off (all at once?) or should do somthing like x months on y months off?

*trying to prevent unhappy soldiers that throw a tantrum and put an axe through my legendary grower*
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Fourdots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: training and keeping military dwarfs happy
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:09:04 am »

You shouldn't set them to train. Period. At least until some of the military bugs related to group training are worked out. In their personal time, they'll just do individual combat drills, so giving them personal time is a bit pointless. Just throw them into the squad, and leave them alone until you need them. They'll grab equipment (if you assign it), and go off and do individual combat drills, except when they're thirsty, hungry, or tired.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: training and keeping military dwarfs happy
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 09:48:56 am »

yeah group training is a crap shoot I have been finding out, takes to long to setup and dosent actually appear to increase thigns
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.