Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Guest" rooms and enemy training/skills  (Read 899 times)

Halo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Guest" rooms and enemy training/skills
« on: June 06, 2010, 08:32:31 am »

I've created a glorious arena to dispose of my "guests" from the sieges in various ways. Since I'm mostly busy doing other things, they've been getting dumped in the waiting rooms. The waiting rooms open via level controlled doors (or draw bridges for the troll room) into the main arena. In each room, there is a weapon trap in the center with a single weapon in it, ideally a whip, but I melted most of them already so some rooms get a wooden spear instead. Wouldn't want them to get bored waiting for me afterall.

Do enemies, primarily goblins, skillup any combat skills while on the map? I've noticed one of the gobbos seems to be getting really good at avoiding his spear. I hope I'm not training these bastards up to be legendary dodgers.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Guest" rooms and enemy training/skills
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:59:04 am »

yes I believe they can and do skill up.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Guest" rooms and enemy training/skills
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:07:46 am »

Have a roster, kill the goblins that get good dodgers (Magma if nothing else) and get new ones in. Keep it flowing.