Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarvern Nuclear Reactor  (Read 1127 times)

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarvern Nuclear Reactor
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:57:59 am »

Could you, in theory, create a new rock called 'Uranium', and give it a boiling point somewhere between magma and room, that makes a gas that instantly rots all of a creatures flesh? I was wondering if I could fill a room with Uranium, add in magma, and have some fun  :D
It gave me 56 dwarves to reclaim with... I'm hoping the game is just being nice to me...
Good job Roger!

DeMasked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvern Nuclear Reactor
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:10:19 pm »

Search function is there for a reason.
DF's initial learning curve is more like a learning cliff, essentially the game shoves you off and expects you learn how to fly before you hit the ground.

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:28:31 pm »

Yes. Yes it is. And I ran searches for both 'Uranium' and 'Nuclear Reactor' before starting this thread.
It gave me 56 dwarves to reclaim with... I'm hoping the game is just being nice to me...
Good job Roger!

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:42:48 pm »

Pitchblend is Uranium. I don't know anything about the effects of boiling metal. You could test it now with zinc, IIRC.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 12:46:28 pm »

Everything you've asked about is addressed in other threads.

Short answer, yes.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 02:20:31 pm »

The correct search terms would have been "syndrome", "poison" or "chemical warfare". The thread with all the information you seek is on the first page right now as I type.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 06:11:20 pm »

The correct search terms would have been "syndrome", "poison" or "chemical warfare". The thread with all the information you seek is on the first page right now as I type.

It is very nice that you told him what he needed to search for the information. Some people do not know how to use creative search terms to find what they need, nor do they have the hours it takes to familiarize themselves with the page after page of information not related to what they are looking for.

Now that he has these key terms for his search efforts, if he comes back without the knowledge gained by them, we can rip him up again.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 05:12:08 am »

Now that he has these key terms for his search efforts, if he comes back without the knowledge gained by them, we can rip him up again.
:o

*backs away slowly*
Good job Roger!