Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need help with adding workshops and armor.  (Read 498 times)

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
need help with adding workshops and armor.
« on: May 30, 2010, 01:05:56 pm »

So I've been playing around with the raws, and decided to try and put the alchemy labor to use, and ended up with this (non-functioning) code.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, it does not show up in the build menu. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking that the [BUILD_ITEM] tags are messed up, but I am really quite unsure.

My other problem is making a new type of armor. I wanted to add in scale mail, and threw together this code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Once again, I am incapable of making it. This one I probably just left something out, but yet again, not really sure. Help me please!
Quote from: Gnauga date=1287448036
Quote from: SkyRender date=1287438955
no-quality training spears are about as effective as a limp noodle at doing damage
You forget that a limp noodle has a wobbly attribute to it. In fact, its characteristics and shape may liken it to a small whip made out of food.
In this sense, the limp noodle is a dangerous thing and should be slurped with extreme caution, lest your lips go flying off in an arc.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: need help with adding workshops and armor.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:10:06 pm »

Did you also edit entity_default.txt to allow dwarves access to these new creations?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 01:38:07 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

It half occured to me, but I didn't do it. It is done now, am checking to see if it works.

EDIT: Well, the workshop builds, at least. Just one issue: instead of requiring 2 vials, it requires 2 of whatever the heck you want. Soooooooo.....what did I mess up on? And the armor, no go. I have placed this in the entity_default file under the dwarves: [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SCALE_MAIL:COMMON]

I tried regenning, and it didn't help. What now?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:14:07 pm by elitepastafa »
no-quality training spears are about as effective as a limp noodle at doing damage
You forget that a limp noodle has a wobbly attribute to it. In fact, its characteristics and shape may liken it to a small whip made out of food.
In this sense, the limp noodle is a dangerous thing and should be slurped with extreme caution, lest your lips go flying off in an arc.

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 04:41:37 pm »

shameless bump

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »

Vials should be FLASK. Adding [GLASS_MATERIAL] should ensure that only glass vials can be used.

As for the armor, I haven't had much luck with level 3 armor, myself. Try armorlevel 2.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 08:57:30 am »

Mmmkay, the workshops are now building correctly. The armor, on the other hand, is still broken. Would I need tomake a custom reaction for it?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:48:40 am »

No. If it is the entity file with COMMON or FORCED, you should be able to forge it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 10:12:48 am »

I can't. Are some of the tags on the weapon incompatible or something?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 10:17:10 am »

It should be correct as it is in the first post. Hang on, I'll try something.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 10:41:07 am »

Use FORCED, not COMMON. Items with COMMON only allways show up if there is no other COMMON item of its type. A good example is low and high boots; you cant allways make both.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 11:27:45 am »

awesome, it worked. Scale mail can now be crafted!