Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Setting Squads to Active 2010  (Read 1293 times)

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Squads to Active 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 12:52:33 pm »

And the arsenal dwarf doesn't require a sheriff, he is sometimes a bit late though. Just hang in there until you get him. Until then, I recommend you appoint a manager and grind up his organizing skill, then appoint that dwarf as your arsenal dwarf whenever the slot opens up. I always have my arsenal dwarf and manager as the same dwarf, since the skill is the same, and it makes training it much much faster. Once you get him to "great" or so organizer, you'll never notice any lag between any equipment orders you issue and your dwarves responding to these. Unless your arsenal dwarf is busy eating or drinking by then, of course. :D
I went further by modding in a custom workshop with a custom reaction to train up Organizing when that manager/arsenal dwarf isn't doing anything. All his labours are optionally disabled so when I need something signed off, I just tell him to stop training and get to it (assuming he doesn't have to eat/sleep/drink).

No need to mod in anything, just hit u - m and add in a bunch of silly and unnecessary jobs. Personally, I favor milling actions. Once he's done with them, just delete them and que up a row of new ones.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Squads to Active 2010
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 02:13:14 pm »

Yeah that's the thing -  I didn't feel like spamming those useless jobs so I modded this building in instead. Of course, I was modding in various other things too while I was at it.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]