Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First thing that made you go "WTF?"  (Read 1940 times)

Anjilo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: First thing that made you go "WTF?"
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 07:41:25 am »

had an entire fortress some time ago engraved with "The Elf is devouring the Goblin" mostly in the dinning room, guess it fits with the eating theme in a way.
this was the same day I discovered those pointy-hippies aren't to be trusted.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 07:50:52 am »

My first ever combat

"Urist McHauler cancels store item in stockpile; interupted by deer"

Being new to the game, I am moderately bewildered. I finally find the combat report screen. Apparently he punched the deer in the flank once, then combat was over.
As far as I can tell, he was busy lugging some wood from forest to stockpile, then dropped everything just to vaguely and innefectually assault the local fauna, before carrying on with his day.

A mild, but enjoyable surprise.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 08:19:22 am »

I am on my second fort, and the only thing that have made me go WTF is the FPS drop to 4-5 from 30-40.. which made me move onto my second fort.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Spike GT

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 01:46:05 pm »

First WTF in *this* version was when every war dog I trained in one fort got some kind of infection causing every part of its body to swell with blood until they died in a rotting mess.  Still haven't quite figured out what that was about.

Second one was just yesterday when a dwarven caravan showed up and *somebody* was shooting bolts at the vultures that decided to swoop on them.  The bolts were coming seemingly out of nowhere and the caravan had no marksdwarves.  Eventually I realized that the liason has a damn crossbow and was taking the vile birds out with bronze bolts!  Awesome.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 03:31:58 pm »

Military screen.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?
Pages: 1 [2]