Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pain Olympics  (Read 4538 times)

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
Pain Olympics
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:19:01 am »

No, not the shock video. I mean your best record on the most gruesome/weird/amazing wounds your adventurer has managed to get. Mine? Most definitely the ability to grasp somewhat impaired, motor and sensory nerve damage, several scars across my arms and legs, and of course the best: upper body and neck fat were gone. I saw a puddle of dwarf grease on the ground after i was experimenting with fire and a black bear. If want to know, that adventurer died after jumping into jagged rocks.

So: What are the best wounds you have managed to collect?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pain Olympics
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:13:22 am »

I had my upper spine gone.
Somehow, I could kill 12 elves before somebody noticed that I have no spine and got stunned.
Then, ~60 elves smacked me for 4 days straight until I died of dehydration.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:48:42 am »

a jagged scar to the neck.
is it just me or do arteries never heal.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:32:14 pm »

There we go, just retired him. Kadol Veiledboulders the Uncertain Devourer.
His wounds;
How did i get rid of the fat you say? I melted it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skills he is SUPER skilled in. Yes, he's a skilled miner and legendary observer. Not to mention the profiency in miscellanous object using.
The typical stats of an adventurer;
Retirement;
I lost my ear while fighting an elf.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »

Well in the last version (.40d16) I added genitalia to every creature in the game (I plan to again, especially with the ability to define genders, but am lazy). During adventure mode, one of my adventurers was paralyzed while fighting a giant flying jellyfish (from the dig deeper mod), but can't lose consciousness from pain (made a new race), so she was stuck there awake and immobilized while it spent a few hours ripping things off, including her breasts, was tentacle raped as well (hilarious i think). until the venom wore off for a while, at which point I murdered the jellyfish in the same horrific manner. She spent the rest of her short life (I set her on fire accidently, went up like a tar soaked rag) boobless, missing a hand, and with her groin utterly destroyed.

I felt bad afterward.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:20:34 pm »

No, not the shock video.
Oh great now I have to look it up.

I remember this one guy who had his entire arm cleaved off by an arrow. I still wonder how that worked but I managed to destroy the rest of the town without an arm and pale without taking another hit.

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »

Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

roger123275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 02:32:31 am »

It gave me 56 dwarves to reclaim with... I'm hoping the game is just being nice to me...
Good job Roger!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 04:14:45 am »

Probably he's got a pick.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 05:48:03 am »

My adventures got his heart pierced, and then slept for 3 days, at the bottom of a lake. Did I mention that he also lost his arms?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 09:53:34 am »

No, not the shock video.
Oh great now I have to look it up.

I remember this one guy who had his entire arm cleaved off by an arrow. I still wonder how that worked but I managed to destroy the rest of the town without an arm and pale without taking another hit.

Shock video? the first thing that i though of was a video of a guy splitting his head open and still living for 3 days. AND YES IT DOES EXIST!

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:59 pm »

Its a shame that a damaged upper spine is always death.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 03:38:59 pm »

Shot in the lungs and both legs, so mortally wounded and bleeding heavily. This was 40d, so travelling healed everything. Anyway, I crawled over to the crossbowman who'd done it, beat them to death with a hammer, then managed to make it off the map and travel back, when I was promptly strangled by a fishery worker.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 12:48:38 pm »

Well my adventurer has his hair torn apart in 3 places (I mean it says Hair:torn apart 3 sepret times)

and his "chin whisker" (?) is also torn apart.

from a couger...FREE HAIRCUT AND SHAVE!

It even included hair gell!...oh wait,thats blood.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 11:45:10 pm »

Got a nasty spine injury from a fall, so my adventurer can't stand anymore (dropping like a drunk log as soon I exit 'T'ravel mode) and injured hand (several fingers I think) so It basically lost it's grasping ability.

Then got ambushed by wolves (Crud. oh, well...still got a sword hand), then eventually Harpies came (Uh-oh). In the middle of the bloody, messy clusterf@#%k, a couple of Sasquatches came out of nowhere (WTF?) and decided to join in hitting the surrounded, grounded and bleeding pinata that is my adventurer.

It was...............interesting.....
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...