Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Age of Mage and Heroes (game thread, IC, 0MH)  (Read 2269 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Age of Mage and Heroes (game thread, IC, 0MH)
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:42:17 am »

Note: I missed that dearly; you should give commands to me via PM. Since this is an IC thread, you are also very welcome to post your stories, diplomacy or such. I'll give stories of the other Human(r) tribes as the game proceeds/shall I find the urge in the news of the world section.
Questions shall be made in the original thread

In addition, to help everyone start, I'll give you 4 extra turns.

Players:

Spoiler:  Elves, Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Underhorde, Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyrby Clan, ExKirby (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kashyyk, As Ger-Rán (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grek, Overheim (click to show/hide)

Rules:

Spoiler: Taking turns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: City (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spirit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: trading and diplomacy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heroes section (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unit abilities (click to show/hide)

Game Map:

Spoiler: Map (Turn 0) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:52:30 am by evilcherry »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Mage and Heroes (game thread, IC, 0MH)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:45:03 am »

World Update, Year 1 MH

Everyone is now given a turn.

Turns left:
EoPJ: 5
Necro-Kains: 5
Underhorde: 5
Northern Catalyst: 5
Kyrbys: 5
Kashyyk: 5
Overheim: 5
Heavenly Deer: 5

News of the World:
A horde of boatmen, christening themselves as "pirates", roams the Great Sea to the East. They might strike the coast at any time.

Map Update:
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Civ Update: Nil.

City Update:
Nil.

Confidential information, if any, is already sent by PM to concerned players.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:48:15 am by evilcherry »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:15:20 pm »

Nirur sat on a high branch of an newly grown oak tree, meditating. A keen observer would note that the tree was visibly growing, if only slowly. An even more keen observer would note that the base of the trunk was shaped ever-so-slightly like a human. A human who had been in great pain in his final moments of humanity. The sun began to hang low in the sky, and Nirur jumped down, a cushion of air slowing his fall as his feet gracefully touched the ground next to the thin elf, who immediately stood from a sitting position.

The mage smiled slightly for a brief moment and began to walk off, the thin elf following in his footsteps.
"Master, I understand the premise of the spell now, but I thought torture was a better method of drawing forth energy. If we had used something else for a base, we could have had more fun with the slave later."

The mage nodded once. "Come, Kyrin, I will show you." He changed direction, and they soon came to another tree, looking much like any other. "Drain it."

Kyrin placed a hand on the tree, withdrew it after a few minutes, and turned to Nirur, who spoke. "A soul tree, formed from the base of a healthy sapient, becomes a no-maintenance font of power. It is a weak source, but useful." He turned and left. That had been his last slave, but Kyrin would buy more before morning. If not, there were always other would-be apprentices who would be thrilled to take up the slack. The corners of his mouth turned upwards slightly at the thought.

------====------

A classy tavern, on the other side of town. Two elves meet in a booth behind a sound-proof privacy screen, on the second floor. Both wear feature-concealing green cloaks.

"I have succeeded."

"Good." The speaker slides a small pouch of coins across the table. "For your next task, the master expects you to get in touch with our western kin. They had an abundant run of slaves recently, which he wants, and we may have a use for their mercenaries. Enlist their aid; the reward is triple what you have there." He gestures towards the pouch of coins.

He takes the pouch of gold as he stands. "Quadrupled, final offer." He leaves without another word. The other elf finishes his tea and leaves soon after, pleased with the meeting.

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »

Eyjakacul lowered his head as the council of Mozigluuk entered the room.  "I think you understand why I called you here," he asked them.
The council members nervously shook there heads, afraid of punishment.
"You fools!  Don't you understand anything that is happening beyond the tundra?" Eyjakacul asked.
None of them answered.  "We have been busy, master," answered one young member.
"Busy?  All you people have ever done is put greed before the people.  It's time for a change.  Beyond our borders the human and elves have gathered strong armies and are already looking to secure territory from the weaker.  If we want to live, we shall need to do the same to stand up to them.  I have decided that the council is worthless and a waste of time, and I am hereby having it disbanded.  I shall take sole control over our people to ensure we survive the coming trials."
Several council members vocally expressed their outrage with fits and screaming, while the older and wiser council members nodded their heads in agreement.  They knew that it had been coming for a long time now. 
"Gloruk," commanded Eyjakacul.
A small and older council raised his head and was hesitant to speak.  "Yes master?"
"You are the oldest and wisest of the council, I ask you to be my adviser in the coming years."
"Certainly!"  Gloruk quickly answered. 
"Now for us to prepare.  We have much to do."

Outside, in the cool northern air, down by the barracks, hundreds of young men, ready to lose their lives for Mozigluuk, stood around waiting.  In the barracks, a large muscular man stood next to Eyjakacul.  They both studied the new recruits. 
"I hope you understand what to do," asked Eyjakacul.
"Yes, I'm willing to do this." answered the man.
"Perfect."
"Yes, the plan has already been set it motion."
"Good, It must be done."
~Jesse

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:37 pm »

He Watched as always. Waiting Watching, looking across the vast desert that seemed to go forever in all directions.

The vast tribes had been defeated, the ones who did not kneel to Him were dead and baking in the sun. The tribes that had surrendered were now held as slaves.

And so He turned his attention from the endless deserts to the south and looked to the north and the west. Past the world edge mountains there were new places, places with life and water, places for Him to take.

He summoned His priests, the Word would go out.

Why was I made general? Surely others are better suited? Others are more religious surely? Has He not heard my treasonous thoughts? How the tribes are not better off? How do I live? Why is he toying with me? Why has he not sent the Zizan'bar?

These thoughts and more when though Shurik's mind when he heard the news, he was to be given a army and sent out. The question of why never came up.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:49 pm »

The Sky Wizard had just received a missive, adressed to the Cloud King, of course, from one of the lesser lords of the Cloud Giants. It was demanding more food. Ever since the Wizard had been made Grand Vizar, it had taken to reading the offical reports for the King. It wasn't as though he would ever read them himself.

Still, this troubled the Wizard. The clans must remain satisfied if they are to remain united and they must be united if the Sky Wizard's glorious work was to come to fruition. And so it was decided that a number of sacred Storm Ravens would be sent out to the corners of the underworld, each with an ultimatium: Provide the Lords of Heaven with a feast befitting their greatness, or be struck down for your refusal.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 01:34:08 am »

I fail at RP. I'm good with tactics, I just fail at RP.

I build 3 Mice Kyrbys and move them to 5908, along with Kyrby.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 03:01:15 am »

I fail at RP. I'm good with tactics, I just fail at RP.

I build 3 Mice Kyrbys and move them to 5908, along with Kyrby.
(ooc: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57763.75)
The gods look at ExKirby, laughed, and all unanimously declared a "facepalm". They think that aliens from far away may not be the brightest race to live on this place at all.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 03:13:35 am »

The baked ground shudders, moving in time to an ever louder boom. The dull hiss of metal on metal replacated a hundred times. They are coming.

A few blades of grass, in this expanse of serene savanna, waves gently in the breeze. Pulsing to a silent drumbeat.

The boom quickens, and becomes louder still. Voices are heard, the form which provokes waking nightmares.

A desert vole, pauses from its gathering to look south. A dust cloud.

They are closer now. The sun shines off of Steel. The Vole escapes down it's hole. A shape can be seen. Leave now! Individuals in the mass. Get away! They increase their pace. Flee! The commander snarles. Run! Grass whips past, scratching. Faster! You can smell them. Hurry! One foot strikes a rock. Falling, the ground rushes up. Get up! Struggling, as a cold hand seized your neck. Too late.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 05:29:26 am »

"Agid!" The handler shouts the command to stand still, and the beast heeds. "Good, Shorasoadu, good." Dismounting, Reoshra smiles as he approaches chief Roagd. "He is fully trained. When will we..." - "You won't, at least not for some time. Shorasoadu is needed otherwise."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 11:45:49 am »

Thurm thurm boom. Boom doom thurm boom.

The drums of the Underhorde. Beating endlessly in the deep. As others heard them, they too began to beat on their drums. The Underhorde was rising from the depths of the Earth...

We see now, a lone ratman, travelling upward. He never had a name, never needed one really. He had been fleeing. His home destroyed. Stronger creatures had come from below and forced him upward. And even worse things had forced them upward...

Into the light.

It burns his eyes and makes him nauseous, but he hasn't had anything to eat in a week...he hears a high pitched voice, speaking in his own language. It says "Another recruit? Wonderful. Hold still while I...acclimate you to our new world" Then the other says strange words...old words, shamanic magic...and light is not so bright. It's like he's seeing the strange above ground world through a tint of dark glass."The spell will last till you can handle the great light above...."

The Ratman is led to what looks like a city...but where men build skyward to house their greatest, the Underhorde build downward, with only the poorest and weakest inhabiting warrens and caverns open to the sun, wind and rain. On the fringes, in their raised huts to avoid the floodwater, new allies-swamp dwellers. Lizards, Slugs and Snails, all in the shape of men. They constantly paddle in and out in small groups or on canoes, bringing back food, captives and valuable copper and fuel for the Kobold forges.

He is given a spear made of strong, light bones, and feasts on fish, bird and insects from the swamp he now resides in. A few hours later, he joins with others like him, and they teach him how to move and fight as a team. Far different from the wild melees he's used to.

There is a little pain. The light still hurts, and his trainers punish him if he doesn't show apitude. A tattoo of a raindrop and a skull is branded into his arm. Permanent. The mark of the Underhorde.

Thurm thurm boom. Boom doom thurm boom.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."