Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Too much valuable loot  (Read 590 times)

Rocky

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels mod game: Interupted by failure.
    • View Profile
Too much valuable loot
« on: June 06, 2010, 02:07:16 pm »

Sorry for the newbie question, but how can I make it so invaders such as goblins don't always wear such valuable clothing (especially giant cave spider stuff).

It almost feels like I'm cheating when a caravan comes and all I have to do is give them a couple of 600 value GCS socks and get almost all the gems and metal bars I need.

Also sorry if this was asked before, but I couldn't find it.
♪ I needed gold 'cause I-- had none!
♪ I struck the earth and the-- earth won!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Too much valuable loot
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 02:37:47 pm »

An atom-smasher or magma pit to dump the gobbo goodies into would work, but right now it's difficult to nail down a specific material to a specific race other than the aboveground/underground distinction.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Rocky

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels mod game: Interupted by failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:44:50 pm »

Really? Okay, well thanks anyways.
♪ I needed gold 'cause I-- had none!
♪ I struck the earth and the-- earth won!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:58:08 pm »

Well it really depends, you could narrow things down a bit. (I could be wrong, but bare with me.)

(This is from DEON'S GENESIS mod... So it may look different from yours. Just fyi...)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You could narrow down the weapons they use. You could change armor so all that is there is breatplate and mailshirt and leather. You change helm so there is just cap, spiked, 1horn. You could change gloves so there is only gauntlets. You could change shoes so there is only boots and/or boots_low. You could change pants so there is only greaves and leggings.

This could narrow down what is available to their civ. You MiGhT get op goblins though...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!