Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pet Skags  (Read 1691 times)

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pet Skags
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:37:58 pm »

Wouldn't it be great to tie up a tame spitter skag at the gate, to fend off goblin archers? Mid-range tongue-lash attack, long-range poison spit, and short-range claws and bite. [PREFSTRING:horrifying smile]

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Skags
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 08:45:34 pm »

The archers would make short work of them, 4 war animals don't stand a chance with 3 squads of 12.

and I put it in the mod area
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:47:37 pm »

do i dare ask what skag is, and where it comes from?
no pics!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Labhras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:49:41 pm »

Borderlands. They're pretty much plated lizard dog thingies (and that might even be a stretch of a description.)

CppThis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 10:24:59 pm »

Maybe it would be possible to majorly buff their stats ala the dwarven pig mod, and make them buyable from dorf civs.  Why, is that a quick and dirty broken-marksdwarf workaround I smell?  8)

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 10:51:19 pm »

I  see the use of having a spitting skag, but thats basically only in the animal-projectile in the first place. I mean, just get a dragon tied to the door.

Personally I think that's a great idea for a mod. You could make the vault part of the HFS, add skags, rokks, and whatnot. the "Borderlands" mod.

Besides, HFS needs some good stuff besides admantine and trees.
Meowth! That's right!

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:25 pm »

I heartily approve of this thread, since two of my friends and I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in two weeks thanks to that game.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 12:09:53 am »

This probably belongs in the mod forum, guys. Also, perhaps I can do a skag tile graphic if that takes any hold...

Also, see the fallout mod.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei