Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cry of the Banshee  (Read 680 times)

Wraithsight

• Bay Watcher
  • [Magma-powered]
    • View Profile
Cry of the Banshee
« on: May 23, 2010, 11:48:47 pm »

So um quick question: I was reading another thread and I had an idea. Would it be possible to create a creature with the new syndrome system that as an attack:
1) Stuns (or flings back) nearby enemys all around the creature itself. Failing that a cone of sound like dragon breath might work...
2) After the initial effect causes slow necrosis.
3) Doesn't leave any lasting contaminants(sp?) that can get track around a fort.

'Cause um...yeah Banshees.

...also I swear I haven't been listening to Brocas Helm
Or, wiping out Orc forts. It's harder than it sounds. And it sounds pretty hard.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Cry of the Banshee
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:54:57 pm »

Flinging or pushing things around I think would have to be a dust related breath attack. Syndrome, no.

A stun, might be possible, depending how you go about doing it. I think one of the syndrome effects is paralysis.

It'd be slow necrosis from the attack, but to keep it simple, necrosis is a yes.

Uhm, I don't know how contaminants work exactly. I know that the xenomorph drool was super deadly. Might look at that creature, it's a modded in one. It's some where in this DF Modding area.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!